Because I need to vent...

Friday, October 14, 2011

24 going on 44

I feel so old. Chronologically I may be 24, but more often than not I feel more like 34 or 44. I blame it on the hormones on the fact that this last year has taken A LOT out of me, on the fact that Im only 2 months post major abdominal surgery, and the fact that we get up extremely early and are going, going, going, most of the day. Its not the end of the world- if I HAD to keep going- I could. But if theres an option- I'd rather just go to bed early.

People have this expectation that at 24 I should go out and get trashed every night- and I understand that for some people this time in their life may be the first opportunity they've had to be social and flirt and be wild and have, "fun". But for me- been there done that. Shamefully enough I've been drinking for almost 10 years. Ask people who know me from back in the day- I could keep up with the best of em. Ive done everything from chugging 40's to having a cigarette put out on my arm (not my smartest moment). Ive had my crazy party days- but honestly now- Im ok with it being a little more mellow- call it age- call it wisdom- call it "old woman syndrome" whatever-  Im ok not making an ass out of myself in public for the sake of a "good time". But I'll be glad to laugh at the rest of them as they do!

No comments: