Because I need to vent...

Sunday, December 4, 2011

2011- what a year...

This last year was a tough one. It seems like every corner I turned there was another challenge ahead of me. Between my car being hit my an uninsured driver, being in one of the worst hail storms in Arkansas that almost totaled my car ( and thanks to faulty repairs now my car floods when it rains) my computer crashed, I found out about my tumor, had my tumor rupture, had surgery, and NOW Im waiting to find out if everything is healing ok, only to find out this morning that my Grandmother passed away.

Wilda Rae Henry was a pretty awesome lady. Always full of practical advice- she called things like she saw it and had an incredible love for sports. She worked her way up through the postal system and became a post master in california in the 70's- not an easy feat for a woman at that time. She raised 2 awesome kids and was an extremely loving, generous woman. She passed away this morning after struggling with COPD at 87.

In hindsight of everything- its sort of a relief. No longer does she have to struggle to breath and I know that this morning she was greeted in heaven by family and my Grandpa John who left us in the 90's.

Looking at all this reminds me that I have so much to be thankful for. This past year has also brought some absolute blessings. Matt was brought into my life, and honestly I am so thankful to have someone so supportive and loving. I graduate with my Bachelors degree in Nursing, I commissioned into the Army- and I was fortunate enough that, even though I had the tumor, I made a full(ish) recovery.
2011 has been a hell of a year- both good and bad. But you can't have the ups without the downs, so heres to living life, loving and laughing, and appreciating everything you have.

No comments: