Because I need to vent...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Stress.

WHY AM I STRESSED! I'm done with school... no more studying (except for RN Asses and NCLEX). Things are taken care of, Im caught up on things... so WHY AM I STRESSED! I guess its probably a combination of things. Matt's deployment keeps getting closer and closer, which makes me stress more and more about getting to see him. It will be his 4th deployment- 3rd to a combat zone- honestly just makes me sick to my stomach to even think about it.  There are a lot of changes going on in my family too- My brother, sister in law and niece are moving to Jacksonville FL. I'm moving to Washington DC... my other brother is buying a house.. my sister is living with my parents again... just a lot of changes. Money also stresses me out. Turns out Im going to have to fork out $1,000 for the hail damage on my car to be fixed. UGgg. I'm trying so hard to be good with what money I have left, and make sure I keep my budget as low as possible, but when you literally have NO money coming in, and your living on student loans- its very hard to feel, "in control" of your life.
I'm also slightly stressed about moving to DC by myself. I know I am a very capable person, and that I will make friends and adapt just fine... but my fear is that I will get there and the exact opposite will happen, and that I will be miserable. I'm already come up with some stratagies for how I'm going to adjust. I plan on finding a church right off the bat- looking into volunteering with some groups- maybe joining some clubs- who knows. It still just makes me worry. The other thing that makes me worry is the crime. I am VERY aware of my surroundings and it doesn't take much for me to feel uncomfortable or threatened. I am definitely going to need a house with an alarm system. I guess what I really need are prayers for peace, strength, and determination.

No comments: