Because I need to vent...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Moving forward

So, the last few weeks have been absolutely insane for me. So I need to do some catching up. I graduated and commissioned into the army. Which felt GREAT! I seriously felt like it has been such a long journey just finishing school you have no idea how thankful I am to be done. And then after all that craziness, in the midst of flooding, tornadoes and crazy lightening, I moved out of my apartment. I very weird feeling to be honest. My little apartment is where I have called home for over 2 years, and I've been through SO much at that apartment that moving out almost seemed.... surreal. In that little apartment alone, I went through all my Army training, got into nursing school, graduated nursing school, split up with my former fiance, and found out I have tumor... just SO many experiences that have happened in that apartment. Not all of them good, but still, they are experiences that make up my life, a lot of which has been extremely difficult to me. When I was sitting on the floor of the apartment waiting to take the final load of junk out to my car I honestly just felt relieved that I was going to be putting this chapter of my life behind me and starting on new and better things. It was almost like proof to me that I can do anything I put my mind to. I know thats strange, that simply moving out of an apartment could help reassure me of my self worth- but it did. It made me look back on everything Ive done and go "Damn... I did that!" and then it makes me look forward and wonder what Im going to do next.

No comments: