Because I need to vent...

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back to reality.

Well, after 26 hours of driving: Its back to reality. Living in denial was so nice! For a whole 2 weeks,  I got to act like a normal person! And DANG it felt good!  Being in California is just so comfortable. Being with Matt is so comfortable. Its like that super cool leather jacket you bought years ago thats way trendy, looks and feels great on you, and everyone else wants to have. Strange analogy, but thats how I explain it. I miss it so much already. Its not even that we do anything super crazy or exciting... we just... live. Talk, eat, go for runs, just simple stuff, and its amazing, because we get to do it together.
I guess coming back "home" has its benifits too. In this limbo period before me going on active duty I'm staying at my parents house.... which is strange in a way. Number 1, I'm a neat freak (not as bad as Matt, but still) and my parents........... not so much.  Number 2,  not having to pay rent is pretty outstanding, and I do enjoy getting to cook in my moms huge kitchen. Number 3, actually having tv to watch is strange. Neither Matt or I have TV and we dont really care for it. Too many other things we could be doing instead of watching all that crap, and for the things we do want to see we have the internet. Right now Blackhawk down (one of my favorite movies) is on TV, but I muted it because the noise from it is irritating... I'd rather have the quiet. And Number 4, sleeping on the couch kinda sucks. But.... I remind myself.... its rent free. So I cant really complain.
I do have a few projects planned for myself. Making a quilt for Matt, some drawings, gardening, and running everyday, to name a few... So... as for now... its back to reality for me.

No comments: