Because I need to vent...

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ted is a growing boy.

Well. We have it. The verdict from todays doctors appointment is in. Ted is growing. He grew about 1mm each month from the last time I was in (March) so 3mm in all, but any growth is bad growth. In fact as Im writing this I am still very drugged up from the procedure. Good news is: the pain meds worked and it didnt hurt nearly as bad this time as it did the last when I didnt have any pain meds. Thank the lord. Next bad news is that there is more fluid on my abdomen. This could mean a few things: I could have endometriosis that we dont know about (would be very bad for having children), It could be from Ted moving around (which is what we think it is) or it could be from some other unknown source (which would be VERY bad ie another tumor, multiple cysts). The next bad news is that Ted is dangerously close to my fallopian tube, which means that surgery is going to have to be VERY precise otherwise I will be in further fertility problems. And finally the final word from the Doc was "You've got 6 months or less to get it out". Damn. The goal originally was to wait until I was ready to have children before doing surgery. I'm not really at that spot right now. I can't have surgery before I go on active duty, because of lots of complications with , "change in health status" "medical profiles" and other logistical things, so really my only option is to wait. But waiting too long could mean me risking having to have a radical hysterectomy before Im 25: not something Im interested in. Surprisingly...I'm not upset. I think I may (no guarantees) have gotten to a place where I can finally accept things and face them as they come. I am however very itchy. Damn Vikodin.

No comments: