Because I need to vent...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The belly button conudrum.

So, the last time I was at the Doc he mentioned to me that when I have surgery they want to try and do it laproscopically. I like to call it the Chinese finger trap method of surgery (use some imagination). So they go in from two different angles, one of which is through my belly button. So here comes the conundrum. So YEARRSSS ago in my infinte wisdome (were talking like 14 year-old wisdom) I decided to get my belly button pierced and the guy did a HORRIBLE job. The jewlery "traveled" basically they didnt pierce it deep enough and the jewlery tore out during a soccer game. DISGUSTING. So years later I got it re-pierced. I do like having my belly button pierced. Its sorta girlie and cute I think and it makes me feel skinnier for some reason. BUT. Everyone know what happens to belly button piercings when down the road you decide to have children (which eventually is something I will have to face). SO... the conundrum... so part of having the surgery through my belly button is that they will have to "recreate" my belly button afterwards which means that they could actually remove my old piercing and reshape the new one without a piercing. In fact thats the way that it probably will have to be done, and then afterwards I have to make the decision weather to pierce it again or not... so the question.. to pierce or not to pierce, since I will be getting a new belly button!

No comments: