Because I need to vent...

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I CAN WALK! (sorta)

Ok. Let's be honest here. No one, not even my mom, wants to talk about menopause. I'm 24 and I am essentially in menopause hell after a week on hormones. I'm not literally in menapause- but with all the hormones I get the same side effects, also similar to pregnancy, but I say more like menopause because Im not pregnant. Hello night sweats, hot flashes, headaches, chills, nausea, and what is with the weird taste I have after I eat ANYTHING! BlleeeEEEccKKK!!! Everything tastes like chemicals. Well guess that means I should be eating less right!?
Good news is: today I got the OK from my Dr. (who is amazing by the way) to walk! WOOO! WALKING!!!! I did 20 minutes to start on the treadmile and walked 1 mile. I felt like I was doing pretty good and then when I finished and saw. "Distance= 1.0 mile" and it was like hearing the "wrong answer" cue on the game shows.. Waaah-waaah-waah.  Bummer.

BUT! Its a start. And you gotta start somewhere right!? RIGHT.

So tomorrow I plan to walk again. Maybe this time for 25 minutes- or maybe do 20 minutes once in the morning and try again in the afternoon. Baby steps.

I'm also thinking about re-doing my blog and adding more stuff on here about fibroids- specific to women my age. Turns out there's not a lot out there information wise if  your young with fibroids. Hmm I may need some help with that.

No comments: