Because I need to vent...

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Recovery sucks.

So- Today is officially 2 weeks from surgery, which means I get to start "light cardio" today if I can tolerate it.  Recovery is not fun. Its not the pain, or the discomfort, cramping, or any of that stuff- its the not doing anything. I'm bored- and I hate it. I'm one of those people that is much happier when I am busy and have lots to do. So sitting around the house is KILLING me.
I've been keeping myself busy with crafts- although I dont think I'm very good at it. But it at least gives me something to do. I made some baby booties for a friend who just had twins- and someone suggested I sell them on ETSY.com- so I may do that.
The estrogen still sucks. Let me tell you- women have enough hormones naturally- getting an extra dose twice a day is just HORRIBLE. I cry at everything. The life alert commercial continually makes me bawl like a 12 year old girl!!! Its AWFUL (and slightly embarrassing). Im supposed to be on another 6 weeks of this medicine- so 8 weeks total- but my Doctor said if the side effects are still bothering me than we can cut it short. However, we still have not done a post-surgery ultrasound to see what kind of damage there is gonna be to my uterus- so.. when that happens that may change the treatment plan.
Seems like lately every time I turn around I'm hearing or seeing something related to people having kids or getting pregnant.  I think mostly its made me appreciate how much I want to have my own kids sometime, (and although I wouldnt choose it this way: if I want that it has to be sooner rather than later).  Last night when talking with a friend I got the same old, " Just freeze your eggs- then you can get pregnant later". I really wanted to be like "Eggs aren't the problem jackass- if you dont have a uterus YOU can't BE pregnant." But I just did what I always did and nod agreeably. I know it will work out- it always does- but the unknown is still crazy. Time to put on the big girl pants and accept that there are just some things that are out of my control.

No comments: