Because I need to vent...

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Out of the Fog..

So. Here is I sit, in the downstairs bedroom, surrounded by my kleenex, makeup/hygiene bag, vomit bucket (classy I know)  my chicken noodle soup, and LOTS of prescriptions. Thanks to an error with dietary in the hospital- they let me eat solid foods WAY before I should have, and therefore I made myself very very sick. Note to self: vomiting with a huge abdominal incision is very, VERY painful. We finally got the ok for me to take some anti-nausea medicine and it helps alot, but it makes me VERY drowsy and just can't think real clear. 

 Before Surgery                                                                                        After surgery- still very swollen
                                                      In the hospital- BEFORE the vomiting started.

I have been walking better which is VERY good. Im hoping to get up on the treadmill tomorrow and walk a mile (or try to). I got on the scale today and it says Ive gained 10lbs. 166. NOT HAPPY. I know a lot of that is probably fluid on my stomach, which is still very sore, but Im trying really hard not to take my pain meds. Im terrified of becoming addicted.  So far, Im taking my pain pills, valium, ambien, and phenergan- thats a lot of REALLY strong drugs.
We haven't heard back from pathology yet- but no news is good news- generally speaking fibroid tumors are hard- and mine was squishy- because of that they are slightly concerned, but they are still very confident its just a fibroid. I should have a follow up appointment this Wednesday for another ultra sound and and a check up.
The surgery was very sucessfull- but there was some damage to my endometrium- so because of that I get to go back on 30 days of hard core hormones- oh joy. So Ill go ahead and put up the pictures of ted so you all can see. Kinda graphic so if you dont want to look- here's your warning now:

1 comment:

Ryan and Ashley Campbell said...

That's so crazy! Ryan would throw up if he saw Ted, so I'm thinking I might just show him... :) Feel better!