Because I need to vent...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

In the world of Pee Op, I mean PRE op.

Predictive text is a pain sometimes. People kept texting me today asking what I was up to, and I kept trying to text, "going to my PREop appointment" Predictive text however decided I was going to my "pee op" appointment. lol Between that and my tumor "pooping" (supposed to be popping) predictive text has just been fabulous. I got everything done today that I needed to at least. I even managed to get some more comfy shorts for after surgery from Walmart when I went to pick up my prescription. I'm definitely not looking forward to having to stay in the hospital. :-( But, I'm trying to look at this from a positive perspective: One thing that I think has always helped me be a better nurse is that I have some experience what its like to be a patient. Up until now I have been lucky enough never to have to stay overnight in the hospital, so now I will have a little better perspective on what my patients go through. I really do wish Matt was here though, I dont think its fair that my parents are going to get stuck taking care of me for the next week or two when Matt gets to sit in California and play X-box. ;-) He does a lot more than that. But I still wish he was here, even if it was just so he could hold my hand before surgery. Ya I know... Im sappy like that.  Anyways. Thats whats new in my world. I am going to request pictures from my Doctor so MAYBE if you all are lucky you can actually see a real life picture of Ted after they remove him.

No comments: