Because I need to vent...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A HUGE accomplishment!

I am SOOOO happy to tell the blogging world about my HUGE accomplishment today! I RAN 4 MILES! AND I RAN IT ALL! Minus the part where I had to wade through about 3 inches of water, which I had to walk through or I would have busted my face.. but this is such a big deal to me!!! Because of the tumor and all the "complications", I've had I haven't been able to work out in such a long time! And today, during a break between thunderstorms, I was able to get out and Just do it! And I did! Overall it felt great and I wanted to go further than my 4 mile loop (2 miles out, 2 back) but the ominous storm clouds, and some common sense, told me I should quit while I was ahead! Granted I didn't feel as strong as I have in the past when running, but I still did it. The last time I tried to go run, which I wrote about previously, I ran 1/4 of a mile and then had to walk the rest because I was just so exhausted and weak! BUT NOT TODAY! WOOO! I still need to do some push-ups today. Unfortunately sit ups still make me sick. Like physically, throw up sick. Last PT test I took I did 78 sit ups in 2 minutes, and threw up for 3 days afterward. No fun. I really want to get in good shape again so that Matt and I can start working out together! He's SOOOO fit! Like CRAZY fit. Recently he lost a bunch of weight (like close to 50lbs I think) and he raised his overall PT score to 299/3000 (USMC score) which is like AMAZINGLY good!  I want to get in better shape and get faster at running so that we can work out together and that I wont feel like I'm constantly slowing him down. Even though he never complains about how slow I am. :-) So anyways! This was a huge deal for me! And I am going to relish in the moment! PS I did the whole 4 miles in 45 minutes and my first 2 miles I ran in 18. Not too shabby!

No comments: