Because I need to vent...

Saturday, April 9, 2011

When will I be normal?

When exactly does, "normal life" start? Man that would be nice. For the last 3 years all I have known is studying, working my butt off and sacrificing the things I want because I can't afford it or don't have time for it. I'm tired of living like this. And lately with all the stress I've had, I'm just sort of ready to be what people call NORMAL! I'm not normal, and I accept that. Having a tumor at 23 definitely is NOT normal. But I can't change that fact, and its not the right time to have it taken out yet, so for now I just have to deal with that. But I'm ready for other parts of my life to be normal. I'm ready to have normal weekends, to have normal weeks for that matter. To work normal hours, or at least only be doing one thing full time.. not multiple things! My attitude lately has just sucked, I think mostly because I'm just tired of everything. Between school and Army and a bunch of other things I just feel..... I don't even know... defeated I guess is the best word I have for it. And realistically I shouldn't feel this way... I mean, I'm getting good grades (knock on wood), I'm completing extra clinicals, managing my finances, graduating Cum Laude, Commissioing, all the things I wanted to do, I AM doing.. and yet I feel like I'm just failing miserably at life.
I think in my head I have this vision of "Normal"... having the "great" job (for me thats in a busy ER) working 3 12's a week.. having the rest of the time off. Going to the beach, drawing as my hobby, being the great wife, having the great kids, with the great husband. Having adventures in our free time... Going places, doing things... just experiencing life and enjoying all of the gifts God has given us on Earth.
And right now I feel like someone tied 50 lb weights to my legs and tossed me off a bridge into a huge lake and I'm SO close to shore, but now I'm wearing out and my heads starting to slip under the water... THATS how I feel.
Blah. I started repeating a mantra here lately when I feel like this. "You can do this. Your almost done. Just keep going. Just keep going"... So for now I guess all I can do is just keep going...

No comments: